14 July 2007

My First Mac

Welcome, one and all, to this new blog dedicated entirely to my new trek into the Mac world.

You may be asking yourselves, "Hasn't this been done before? Seems like a used up idea." Well, trite, contrived, and unimaginative I may be. But it's all going to be a true story. This blog will chronicle the learning process I am about to undertake to become well acquainted with my new Apple computer, and everything that goes with it.

As you may or may not have guessed, my name is Cameron, and I am a new Mac user. I recently purchased a 15" MacBook Pro, with a 3-year .Mac subscription and warranty. I also just joined Apple's OneToOne program, where I hope to sign up for at least one class a week. The intention is to utilize these classes and everything else I can find to document my findings. My hope is that eventually I may in fact offer a starting point for new users like myself.

I will post it all on here. I want this blog to be as open as possible. Feel free to leave comments, email me personally (cam.macn00b@gmail.com), or listen in on the live Talkcasts I plan to implement. As I learn, you may see some changes to this site, or creation of other spaces when it becomes manageable and I become more experienced.

I'll be posting soon about more of my plans. Hopefully you too can help me figure out where this site should go. Like I said, email, leave comments, and help me out so this can become a good site for everyone.

Thanks.

No comments: